Saturday, April 14, 2018

 

CombatSombo first Filed 1988


In late 1970’s I introduced the CombatSombo system to people of the UK and formulated the British CombatSombo Association in 1985. It has been 30 years since I first that I filed the name and system as a Trade Mark it would be a further 3 years before it was finalised. The reason why I done this was so that my system could not be diluted and used with out my permission.

The CombatSombo was not a huge success but it has not been diluted and my representative in the UK is Allan Clarkin who is doing a great promoting the system and is based in Lancashire. One of the positive things, which had many people across the World participating, was my Camcorder Grading System, which allowed people to grade without leaving their Country. This was and is very popular the downside was that these individuals were graded but did not advance the system
A very positive development was when the British Sombo Federation changed their Constitution to only allowing registered Organisations to affiliate, this allowed the British CombatSombo Association to join and could legitimately say they were part of a UKSport Governing body. This allowed Sport Sambo and Combat Sambo players to join and be insured for all BSF events
The future looks very rosy with Allan Clarkin developing a Combat System and Sport Sambo/Combat Sambo becoming a growing integral part of the BSF

Any one interest in CombatSombo should contact Martin Clarke ibfbcsa@gmail.com




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?